The polymath tutor is Dr Marianne Lynch
Dr Marianne Lynch is a highly regarded full-time London based tutor who specialises in science and mathematics tuition. With over four thousand hours of tutoring experience with students ranging from 7 years old to university level and adult learners, she has the knowledge and expertise to demystify science and mathematics and give students the skills and confidence to achieve their own academic goals.
Tutoring and teaching experience
- Individual tuition of maths, science and non-verbal reasoning at 11+ (including 11+ maths for Colet Court and Westminster) and 13+ maths and science (including entrance exams for Dulwich College, Alleyn’s and Emmanuel School).
- Individual tuition of maths and physics at KS3, GCSE and A level and chemistry and biology at KS3 and GCSE
- Extensive work with students with special educational needs (ADHD, auditory processing disorder, dyslexia and Asperger’s syndrome)
- Class tuition (up to 15 students) of KS3 and GCSE mathematics and science
- Class tuition of introduction to university level physics and maths
- Graduate teaching assistant at Imperial College London for a seminar series for undergraduate physicists – topics covered included problem solving skills and making technical presentations.
- PhD in the physics of solar cells (Imperial College London - 2008)
- 1st class MPhys (University of Bath - 2003)
- A Levels in biology, chemistry, physics and pure maths (3As and 1B)
- DBS certificate (2014)